Wednesday 2 January 2013

The journey of writing

So hello there (you're still there right? right?)

So you remember that new story I told you about a few weeks ago?

What do you mean 'no'?!

You remember, the one which wasn't quite ready to go to the page yet. Well it's now ready and over the last couple of days I've been writing away, creating a new world and new characters to explore that world. Letting these characters loose on the page is a rather fun thing to try and do especially if you find that those very same characters you had sketched out over the course of a few writing exercises start to do and say things that you weren't expecting. Like my main character is doing now by being a lot angrier and dismissive of his society than I thought he was going to be...

Still got to stick with it and see where he goes. Probably should stop talking about them as if they're really alive. People will start to think I'm a bit nuts. Well ok, I probably am but no more than the next writer.

I'll let you know what happens next.

And...

If anyone is wondering why I've not written a blog about the New Years resolutions that I made...

It's because I never made any.

I don't believe they do anyone much good.

Alright, I made a vague one..

But I ain't telling you what it is. *Evil grin*

Ta ta for now





No comments:

Post a Comment