Wednesday 20 February 2013

Making magic (slightly delayed)

Well hello to you all.

You're still here. Guess there mustn't be anything good on the tele at the moment.

Anyway, you might be pleased to hear that very shortly I'll be commencing the writing of a new short story which will hopefully go into the anthology that I'm working on.  Or you might not be pleased to hear that. Think I'd prefer it if you were though.

Now I was going to start tonight but...

I have a notebook where I make all sorts of notes on stories and character profiles and what not. I take it to work with me so that if I get a burst of inspiration whilest pretending to do some some work then I can jot it down straight away rather than trying to remember it till I get home.

So what's that got to do with tonight?

Well, in said notebook I have a few details of the plot along with the character building exercises I have done for the two main characters. I also have some killer lines of dialogue that the two leads are going to speak at some point in the story. I've also sketched out the opening scene in a pub with a band just coming to the end of their set. It was a pretty good opening scene as well. All it needs are a few words like 'the' and 'and' to make a nice opening paragraph.

And I've gone and left the notebook at work haven't I.

So, I could wait till tomorrow to start writing it or I could take a chance and start writing another beginning. I mean, I know the scene and everything.

But I already have a beginning sorted out and I don't want to have two beginnings even if they are essentially the same.

So, tomorrow it is.

Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

  1. You could always start fleshing out the next scene ready so that tomorrow you can write both up. Just a thought as I would hate to think of you sitting there with nothing better to do lol.

    ReplyDelete