Sunday 2 March 2014

The smell of the grease paint, the roar of the crowd...

Well hello my little reader friends.

Now lets get serious for a second because I have a confession to make.

*hushed breath from audience*

Now the thing is my little friends, you all know me as a lone wolf, hard as nails, don't cross him, loose cannon type of guy. A mans man. A real tough guy with ice in his veins, gravel in his guts and spit in his eye. Am I right or am I right?

I'm right.

Ok, who sniggered?

Come on, someone sniggered. Right we're not going any further until the person responsible stands up and apologises to the whole class.

*folds arms*

It's your time you're wasting you know.

So it was you was it? See me at the end of class.

Right, so where was I

Well here is the thing. The confession. The revelation that will shake the very universe to its very core.

I like musicals.

Now just let that settle in for a minute. I like musicals. I've been to a few now and will be going to more in the near future. I like them. The whole music, dancing, acting and singing downright fun lot of it.

Its a fairly recent thing started a couple of years ago with 'We Will Rock You' but they are great fun aren't they. I only tell you this now because, yesterday, I went to see 'Happy Days - A New Musical' at the Kings Theatre in Glasgow. And it was rather good. Ok, I'm not sure the bloke playing The Fonz was totally the right choice but you can't have everything. And who doesn't come out of a musical feeling a lot better? They're goddam fun!

Next up is Wicked in a couple of months and I'll be there. Was rather tricky to get a ticket for that one but I managed it. So...

Bring on the Wicked Witch Of The West.

Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely a few closet musical fans around. Now, I've never seen We Will Rock You but I've heard it's pretty good. Just last night I was listening to [...ahem...] Phantom (I wish I could get away with this somehow... Phantom Jet? Phantom Flan Flinger? No, sorry... of the Opera by that vastly Lloyd Webber fellow).

    ReplyDelete