Wednesday 3 April 2013

Feelings of Inadequacy (part of me)

Well hello my reader friends and welcome back to my little witterings.

So how have you been?
See I only ask that because it's a nice lead in to what I'm going to say. But I hope you're all doing great.

Because the truth be told, my friends, I've been feeling down lately. But it's difficult to really describe properly.
I had no ethusiam for anything I was doing. Or at least no real faith that what I was doing creatively was any good.
Suppose the easiest to show what I mean is this way:

If I go into a pub or club sooner or later (probably sooner) I'll start thinking that everyone in the establishment is either more interesting, more humourous etc etc than me. Basically they are more fun and generally a far better person than I am. They're probably not, but that is what it feels like to me. Now most of the time I can shrug it off. But even then it's still lurking there at the back of my mind just waiting for a moment to strike. Those moments, as a rule, come in the quiet moments. Like Bank Holidays and Easter weekends. (For those that know, it also comes when other people read their work out in creative writing class). It's rather difficult to explain. I more than likely think too much about these things.

I don't know why it happens.
I don't know how to stop it happening again.

Actually this is quite good because writing it down and then casting it off into the great dark abyss of the internet is a nice feeling because it's nice to be able to write it down and see how stupid it is in print. Even if no one reads it.

Ta ta for now


2 comments:

  1. Happens to all of us sometimes. The answer - from a writing perspective anyway - is to write something that you feel utterly passionate about, something that moves you in some way and you just have to write about it. That passion is what leaks through the page and becomes your voice and a voice that people want to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Col; you're a writer, an observer, a watcher. This makes us outsiders. It's what we do, what we are. J & I have just been discussing this. It doesn't make us less human, it's what we are. I'm happy and proud to know you - keep travelling time, space boy!

    ReplyDelete