Monday 29 April 2013

3rd entry in Room 101

Well hello my dear readers.

And welcome back to my little corner of the universe. You have come back right? Right?

Hello, Hello?!
Oh there you are. Good. Thought you had wandered off for a minute.

So, I here you ask, what is next to be put into room 101 and oblivion? What is going to join the first two entries? What ranks alongside text speak and Valentine's day as being so awful that it deserves to be obliterated from the face of this earth?

Well it's this:

Action Figures
Now don't get me wrong. I like the show Doctor Who as you well know. I like a lot of science fiction shows. But the action figures...WHY?

Now you may of heard of a shop called Forbidden Planet. And if you have ever been to the Manchester outlet you will have seen that the place is wall to wall full of these plastic abominations. I mean, seriously, what are you supposed to do with them?
And not just Doctor Who either. No sir. We're talking Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate and probably a few other things with the word 'Star' in the title. I mean, am I supposed to display in my bedroom or something. Is it a way of saying 'yes i love this show and, to demonstrate my love for the show, I'm going to have a shelf full of six inch long pieces of plastic crap that may or may not look like the character they are supposed to represent'? And I'm not saying that all the various mechandise is crap. I mean, ok, most of it is but there are exceptions. The books are reasonable. They tend to be what I call 'candy floss books' in that you can read them but don't read too many of they will rot your mind.I like the audio cds for the shows (especially the Big Finish Doctor Who releases).

But the figures...

I just don't get it.

So they are going in to Room 101!
(Hey, its my blog, so my rules)

No comments:

Post a Comment