Saturday 23 March 2013

I geek, therefore I am

Hello my dear reader,

Well it's Saturday night and here we are. Or to be more precise, here I am because you aren't reading this yet.  You're probably all out in some nightclub somewhere drinking and dancing the night away. Not that I'm jealous or anything. Absolutely not. *sniff*. So let's just say that when I started writing this it was Saturday evening and leave it at that.

Besides I'm writing this and you're not. And I've got Madness playing. On my ipod - they're not actually here in my house though it would be cool, if rather strange, if they were.

Anyway, earlier today I did something that I've never done before.

(Leave it! You're making your own jokes up and being rude!).

 Right where was I? Oh that's right: I ordered some stamps. Not bought you may notice. Ordered. And not any old stamps either (at this point if you're a fb friend you'll know what I'm about to say). No sir. These were a set of special Doctor Who 50th anniversary stamps.

Yes, I know your impressed!

Now before you all start to snigger and shout 'GEEK!' let me take the wind out of your sails and say 'Yes I am, but so what?"

I like science fiction. I read it, I watch it, I write it.

And

I like Doctor Who. What's not to like about a 900+ yr old alien that can change his appearance and can go anywhere and anytime in the universe. And more importantly tries to do good and right wrong doings without resorting to just blowing it up if he can help it. So why shouldn't I like it?  So why do some people seem to think that it is ok to mock other people for their interests when it more than likely is far better than some other thing that a person can be doing. Yes there are some out there who can probably name every character that spent more than five minutes on screen during the entire Peter Davison run of the show but then there are probably some out there who could not only name every goal scorer in every FA cup final but also tell you what minute the goal went in. So which of those two are the more geeky?

And really, does it matter.

Ta ta for now

1 comment:

  1. (a) You're not alone in the DW stamp thing (b) I have a Pinterest board titled "I Geek, therefore I am" (c) item (b) was just random info.

    ReplyDelete